Next, was visiting with Santa. Cassidy ran to Santa as Chamberlain hid behind me. Chamberlain did not want to talk to Santa. I think she was scared he may know EVERYTHING! Cassidy jumped right up in his lap, told him what she wanted (I am not sure any of us caught what she said) and smiled for the picture. I had to place Chamberlain on Santa's lap, but she gave a huge fake smile just in time for the camera click. She didn't have anything to say to Santa and was quickly ready to get down. Although Chamberlain didn't want to visit with Santa, it is amazing to see each year how their little minds work.
This was the first year we were able to ride the train! We seem to miss it every year. Derek, Mom and Cassidy rode in the sleigh behind the train and Chamberlain chose to ride with and me in the caboose. Cassidy licked her candy cane the entire ride and had a face full of sugar when we were done.
Snow! The girls loved the snow. Chamberlain wanted everyone to know it was fake snow, but that didn't put a damper on Cassidy's excitement. It was a beautiful 60 degree night visiting with Santa, riding the train and enjoying the true joy in our children. I just wish the girls were experiencing moments like these with their Papa too.
