About 32 years ago, my Mom and Dad took me to see Annie on Broadway in New York City. It was a life changing moment for me. I knew every word to every song. I stood in my seat and sang my heart out through the performance. My Dad cried as he watched the joy in my eyes. Around 18 years ago, in North Carolina, I saved money from working during college to take my parents to see Annie. Again, I sang all the songs and again, my Dad cried as he watched me. I know he couldn't believe, here I was all grown up taking them to see Annie some 14 years later. Amazing memories that I couldn't wait to share with Chamberlain.
For Christmas, I surprised Mom and Chamberlain with tickets to go see Annie. Chamberlain already loved the movie and the music so she couldn't wait to go see the play. We all got dressed up and our chauffeur, Daddy, dropped us off. I began crying as Mom and I held Chamberlain's hand and walked into The Fox Theater. As the orchestra started playing the first note, I looked at Mom and knew neither one of us would have dry eyes. I didn't stop tearing up till I was back in the car heading home. It was amazing to see Chamberlain so excited about something that meant so much to me. She loved the little girl who played Annie. I must say, she was spectacular. I can't believe Chamberlain sat still for 2hrs and 45 minutes and hasn't stopped talking about it since. She couldn't wait to bring her T Shirt Grandma bought her and her play book to school for Show and Share Day. She told me during the play that she wanted to be and orphan and scrub the floors! I love her being helpful at home, but what are the teaching her at Montessori School? Oh, the things that come out of this child's mouth are priceless. It was a very special day that the three of us will treasure forever.