Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Strep Throat Drama

Last night, Chamberlain said her throat hurt.  I felt her glands and they were swollen, no fever, but when I looked in her mouth, I knew she had Strep Throat.  She slept all night, but still said her throat hurt.  I was able to get an early morning doctor's appointment, dropped Cassidy off at school and hit the road with Chamberlain.  With 10 minutes left of the drive, Chamberlain said she didn't feel good. Great, on a busy highway in the left lane. The next exit was a few miles away. Well, you know what happened next. We stopped at a gas station, I stripped her down to her socks and boots. She was mortified and freezing cold since it was 35 degrees! I called the Dr. to see if they had any clothes for us when we arrive. They do! They are amazing! Chamberlain was still so upset about not having clothes on and kept asking how she was going to get into the Dr.'s office without anyone seeing her. So sad! I told her no one could see her through the tinted windows and the nurse was meeting me outside with clothes. She seemed OK with this as we drove off.  Just as they said, the nurse met me outside and handed me a lovely scrub top that fit like a dress on little Chamberlain. I changed her and wrapped her in my sweater and ran inside. The nurse met me as I entered the office, and as usual, went straight to the room. 15 minutes later, they confirmed that she had Strep Throat and sent us on our way setting new fashion trends!