Chamberlain begged to take voice lessons, so she has been taking voice lessons for the last few months and today her hard work paid off. She had her first performance! Last week, I was out of town and Chamberlain called me upset because she didn't want to perform. Grandma told her she didn't have to perform if she didn't want to, but I knew she had one duet and that would affect her friend she was singing with. I told her to keep practicing and we would talk about it when I got home. When I arrived home, Chamberlain was still adamant on not performing. We sat down and I explained how it was a team effort and asked what would her friend Maddie would do when it was her time to sing in the duet? I explained the team effort like her soccer team. I think she understood but didn't say she would perform just yet. She slept on it and come Monday, she couldn't wait to perform. I don't know if it was my talk, Grandma's advice to pick a point beyond the crowd, or the pure joy Mr. Seth exudes. Mr. Seth, her teacher, has a love for the arts and is so talented. He also has drama students and piano students. Today's performance started of with a pirate play, followed by the piano solos, then it was Chamberlain's solo, followed by her duet. I cried through her entire solo. I was so proud and she did amazing! I never could get up in front of people, so I was blown away she was so excited and got right up there and knocked my socks off! She was nervous put pushed through it! Chamberlain sang "Do You Want to Build a Snowman?" from Frozen and then sang "Let It Go" from Frozen in her duet. We gave her flowers after her performance and she radiated with excitement. I think she even shocked herself! She has overcome so much this last year and I couldn't be more proud of this sweet, tender hearted, talented, beautiful and smart little girl. Can you tell how in love I am? Enjoy her videos below.
Chamberlain's Duet Performance (video)
The Play List

Mommy and her star!
The Audience
Chamberlain and her buddy Quinn
Miss Lisa being pulled into the play!
Proud little sister!
Chamberlain's flowers on her dressing table just like a star.
The Play List
Mommy and her star!
The Audience
Miss Lisa being pulled into the play!
Proud little sister!
My Star!
Mr. Seth!
Chamberlain's flowers on her dressing table just like a star.