Saturday, December 6, 2008

Toddler bed here I come!

Remember the post, a while back, that explained how I climbed out of the crib at Mama and Papa's house? Well, until this week I haven't attempted this again. I was bored with learning my lesson, so Wednesday and Thursday I decided I would give Mrs. Sophie a run for her money too. I figured out how to climb out of the pack-n-play at her house! She is so darn persistent, she kept putting me back in until I finally gave up and took my nap. Can you blame me? Grace and Brantley are having a blast and I have to take a nap. Thanks a lot!

Now, on to the best part! Friday night, my 16 month birthday, Mommy and Daddy had a birthday party to go to at 8:00 pm. So, Mommy and Mama fed me dinner and then Daddy took me upstairs for bed. Daddy put me in my crib, kissed me goodnight, turned out the lights, grabbed my humidifier, took it to the bathroom to fill up the tank, turned around, and there I was! Priceless look on his face! Too bad I didn't have a camera! He calmly called Mommy upstairs and explained what just happened. Again, priceless look on her face and wish I had a camera. Mommy didn't believe it because my crib is so low and she surely didn't believe I would do it again. She put me back in my crib and this time she decided to lay on the floor to see if she could catch me. Darn short attention span! I forgot she was hiding, so I did it again. I must say, I am good. I pull myself up with my arms, my legs are dangling, I throw one leg over, swing to the other side, and slide down the spindles so no one can hear me land. This time, Mommy wished she had the camera! I did this 12 more times that night and made Mommy and Daddy and hour late to their party. I finally gave up because of sheer exhaustion, slept for a bit and then decided to try it again early the next morning.

Mommy fears that I may hurt myself, so she decided to take the front of the crib off today and turn it into my very own toddler bed. Yippee, I finally get to be a big girl tonight.