Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Home At Last

Today was my first day back with Miss Fofie (Mrs. Sophie)! Fofie said she was ready, but did she really know what she was signing up for? I mean, last time she watched me, I didn't have to go on the big girl potty all the time and I didn't talk back. It has been a long time and I have missed her, Grace and Patrick so much. Grace and I have been together since I was 2 months old. I have missed seeing her everyday while her little sister Caitlin was growing big and strong.

Mommy told me first thing this morning that I was going to Fofie's today. I must have said her name a million times before getting to her house. Instead of taking the normal left turn around the park, Mommy took a right. At that moment, I knew I was truly going to Miss Fofie's! I let out a scream that continued until we pulled up in front of her house. Mommy asked me if I knew where I was and I simply replied "home". As we were getting out of the car, Miss Fofie opened the door with baby Caitlin in her arms. I was so so thrilled to see her and she seemed just as thrilled to see me.


I started my day chasing the cats around with squeals of laughter echoing through the house. Grace was still sleeping so Miss Fofie and I took a seat at the dinning room table and began to color. I think Mommy was expecting it to be a challenge to leave, but when she said she loved me and to have a good day, I didn't even take my eyes from the paper and said "bye, bye Mommy". Mommy said she would be back shortly with bagels for everyone and my milk for the day. She said she can't remember anything these days without Daddy. Grace finally woke up just before Mommy returned with bagels and cream cheese for everyone. Enjoy the pictures of my best buddy Grace and I eating our bagels. After snack, Grace showed me how she had all her toys and music setup for a day filled with fun and excitement. It was like we picked up right where we left off. I even got to take a nap in Patrick's big bed! It sure is good to be home.