Neighborhood Spider
Weeks ago, Chamberlain decided she wanted to be a kitty cat for Halloween. I wasn't prepared to go shopping just yet, so as Halloween came closer, I began to make my list of items we needed to transform our girls into kitty cats. As I suspected, Chamberlain now wanted to be a ballerina. So, the ballerina list began. I had all of Cassidy's costume ready since Chamberlain was a ballerina two years ago on her very first Halloween. With the tutu already in hand, all I had to order for Chamberlain was her legwarmers, leotard and ballerina shoes. The day the items were delivered, Chamberlain tried them on and pranced through the neighborhood. She was so excited about being a ballerina (or, "albina" as she calls it). Yesterday, I asked Chamberlain if she was excited to be a ballerina tomorrow. She said "No, Mommy. Kitty Cat!" Oh, wonderful! Everyone had warned me about this very thing. Her three closest girlfriends were going to be kitty cats and Chamberlain had changed her mind at the last moment. Miss Sophie was having a Halloween party and all the kitty cats would be present. I wonder if Chamberlain, as a ballerina, will have a meltdown when she sees her kitty cat friends. All I can do is go with the ballerina theme and hope it all goes well. One of my friends was going to come prepared with makeup in case we needed to turn my little ballerina into a quick kitty cat. Well, there was no meltdown and Chamberlain loved being a ballerina with sister "Sassy". It was a rainy, yucky night, but the party was a blast and Chamberlain loved trick or treating with her best buddies Grace, Patrick, Mary Reece, Sydney, Brantley and Skyler. She received way too much candy that will need to be donated quickly so postpartum mommy doesn't undo the little progress that has been made. Happy Halloween everyone!





