Monday, February 22, 2010

Our Great Grandma

Great Grandma,

We kept thinking we had time to fly to Michigan to meet you, but then Mommy was pregnant and little Cassidy joined us.  We didn't plan our time well and we are so sorry we have now run out of time.  I am sad that I didn't get to meet the most beautiful lady (inside and out) that Mommy ever knew.  She said you never said a negative thing about anyone and because of that and your dedication to God; you have two seats in Heaven.  Mommy told me all about your two seats in Heaven.  Mommy said you loved for her to tell you the story.  Here is your story again, and I can't wait to hear all about your side of the story one day.

Two Seats In Heaven:
I know God is saving two seats in Heaven for you. One seat is given to you because you are such a kind and loving Christian and the other special seat is being saved for you just in case you didn't like where the first seat was located. That's how special you are. You get two seats in Heaven. I know you are there now and smiling in your seat as I write this.

I couldn’t find my bunny last night when it was bedtime, so Mommy went and got out a beautiful blue bunny to share with me. I had never seen this blue bunny before, so she explained that you gave it to her when she moved to New York and how special it was to her. She told me she would loan it to me for the night until we found my special bunny again. We found my special bunny but I wouldn't let go of blue bunny this morning and just had to take it to Mrs. Sophie's.  Mommy made me promise to take good care of him and bring him home this afternoon.  I promised.  Mommy said in Heaven you will have the best washers and dryers so there is no need for the laudromat, Grandpa won't need his hearing aids and will no longer fight you on turning them up, Uncle John is there waiting for you and tonight you will sit down in one of your two seats and have the best Prime Rib dinner with your husband, your son, your brothers and sisters, your parents and your best friend.  I know how happy you must be now.  Thank you for the wonderful memories Mommy can share with us.  Both Cassidy and I were named after you, and we hope we can live up to the beautiful names you have made for us.

Love,
Chamberlain Marie & Cassidy Ann
 
 

RASMOVICH, Ann Marie, age 88, of Fenton, passed away Friday, February 19, 2010 at Rockwell Assisted Living. Funeral Mass will be celebrated 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, February 24, 2010 at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, 600 N. Adelaide St., Fenton. Rev. Fr. David Harvey celebrant. The family will receive friends 9:30 a.m. Wednesday until time of service at church. Visitation will be 4-8 p.m. Tuesday at Sharp Funeral Homes, Fenton Chapel, 1000 Silver Lake Rd., Fenton. Memorial contributions may be made to St. John School. Ann was born December 6, 1921 in Birch Run, the daughter of the late Thomas and Mary Ann (Healey) Courtney. She graduated in 1940 from Holly High School and attended Michigan Normal College. Ann married Anthony Peter Rasmovich in Detroit on November 22, 1945 and he preceded her in death on August 6, 2009. She had been a longtime resident of Fenton, moving here in 1955. In addition, Ann was a faithful member of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church. Ann was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and friend. She will be remembered forever. Surviving are two sons, Thomas A. Rasmovich (Janet), Michael P. Rasmovich; daughter, Mary Ann Sloan (Michael), daughter-in-law, Deborah Rasmovich; 8 grandchildren; 7 great-grandchildren; nephew, Tim Courtney and many additional loving family members and friends. She was also preceded in death by her son, John on January 9, 2010; and 3 sisters and 5 brothers. Online condolences and tributes may be posted on the obituaries page of http://www.sharpfuneralhomes.com/