Thursday, September 9, 2010

Picnic For Two

I promised Chamberlain a surprise today when I picked her up from school.  She helped me last night while I was on a 45 minute conference call.  She babysat Cassidy upstairs all by herself and did an amazing job.  So, for her surprise, her buddy Topher was joining us for a play date this afternoon.  She was more than ecstatic that Topher was coming to her house to play.

When I picked them up from school, the plan was to have our normal picnic in Serenbe, but the kids had another idea.  They wanted to have a picnic at Chamberlain's house.  We loaded up in the car and headed home.  Topher and Chamberlain giggled and held hands the first few minutes; role played as different characters and then played "I Spy" the rest of the drive home.

Topher seemed right at home when we went into the house.  It was like he had been there a million times.  We grabbed a big quilt and went into the backyard to get our picnic all set up.  Everyone shared their lunch and almost ate everything we brought to our picnic.  After lunch, we played outside until Chamberlain complained it was too hot.  I think she just wanted to show Topher her room.  Cassidy was asleep, so I set the movie player up in Chamberlain's room and they watched Charlotte's Web.  Chamberlain loves this movie and Topher seemed excited with the cool spiders.  After 20 minutes, they were ready to move on to coloring and Lego's.  They were so good about sharing and taking turns, and they never woke up Cassidy!  It was a perfect play date and we can't wait to have many more with Topher.