Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dad

Dad,
It has been three weeks without you and not a single day has gotten easier.  I know it will take time, but we can't imagine life without you.  My daily routine has consisted of you for so many years.  I miss our morning call to start my day, the surprise visit when you were out walking, the call to see if I needed anything from Costco or the grocery, my lunch break call to check on you and Mom, my evening call to see if we can stop by with the girls and your evening call to see how the girls ate and went to bed for me.  I am so lost without your daily smile and voice.  I thank God everyday for our babysitter being sick that Saturday night.  The time the girls and I shared with you that night will never be forgotten.  Chamberlain was so excited to jump into your lap and read you her little book she wrote.  She wouldn't stop running back to you to give you another kiss in-between playing with Annie Rose.  Cassidy, who never can be picked up, let me pick her up and must have kissed you goodbye 5 times.  I even made the comment that I had never seen her do that.  I still feel our last hug and kiss.  God allowed us to have the most wonderful last moments with you. 

We are struggling to figure out life without you, but we are taking care of Mom for you.  That is our first priority.  She helps me as much as we help her.  Thankfully, she joins us for dinner every night.  You would be blown away with the support and love we have received from our neighbors and friends.  They are still making us dinners.  I can't imagine trying to do this on my own.  I am so fortunate to have friends that made me accept the help.  We talk about you constantly to the girls.  I am so afraid they will forget you because they are so young.  When I show Cassidy pictures, she says "Papa."  Mom and I just light up.  Chamberlain comforts us daily.  She tells us that it's ok because you are all better now and in Heaven with God.  I never thought my 3 year old could get me through the hardest days of my life.  Chamberlain has her days as well.  She too is struggling how to express her sadness.  I am so fortunate I was only seconds away that Sunday.  I will forever cherish our time together that morning.  You died the way you have always talk about, and that give me such peace.  I know you are now with your Mom, Dad and brother John.  Oh, poor Grandma. The three of you are probably driving her crazy. 

Today, the obituary that I wrote for you was printed in the Flint Journal and the Tri-County Times.  I hope I made you proud.  I love you and will forever miss you.

Love,
Jennifer


Thomas Anthony Rasmovich

RASMOVICH, Thomas Anthony - age 64, of Atlanta, Georgia passed away Sunday, December 19, 2010. He was born August 26, 1946, in Detroit, Michigan, the son of the late Mr. Anthony Peter Rasmovich and the late Mrs. Ann Marie Courtney Rasmovich. He earned his BA at Central Michigan University, was commissioned an officer and served as a Captain in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War where he flew AH-1 Cobras. He married his beloved Janet D. Edwards on August 14, 1971 in Savannah, Georgia. Mr. Rasmovich worked for Avon Products for over 17 years, owned and operated a McDonalds Franchise for 10 years, and finished his career as an Account Director for Moroch & Associates. He cherished living in Tokyo Japan, enjoyed fine wines, was an avid sports fan and enjoyed spending time with his four grandchildren whom he loved dearly. He was an ideal son, selfless brother, devoted friend, fearless and honorable leader, accomplished and respected business man, devoted and adoring husband, nurturing and encouraging father, proud and affectionate grandfather and the integral piece to our family. The lives he forever touched are proof that he had a marvelous life plan and he now joins God in heaven. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brother, John Rasmovich. He is survived by his wife of 39 years, Janet D. Edwards Rasmovich; daughter and son-in-law, Jennifer and Derek Oxford; son and daughter-in-law, Jeffrey and Holly Rasmovich; sister, Mary Ann Sloan; brother, Michael Rasmovich; four grandchildren; many nieces and nephews. Memorial Services will be Sunday May 29, 2011 at Great Lakes National Cemetery in Holly, Michigan. In lieu of flowers, contributions in Thomas Rasmovich's name may be made to The American Heart Association . Messages of condolence to the family may be sent from http://www.jones-wynn.com/.  

Published in the Flint Journal and Tri-County Times on January 9th, 2011