Albert The Turtle

We saved a turtle on the way to school this morning. He was in the middle of the other lane about to get smooshed by the next car driving through. I passed him, told Chamberlain what I saw and she immediately said "I know Mommy, I saw him too!" An old girlfriend of my brothers popped into my head as she had great stories of all the turtles she saved. After that thought, I just had to not only rescue him, but let Chamberlain have a great story to tell. Chamberlain named him Albert and he spent the day at school in the air conditioning (it was hot today in Atlanta). Albert was crossing the road, not to get to the other side, but hoping someone like Chamberlain would find him and bring him to school today. The children were thrilled to see Albert come to school today. It wasn't show and share day, but Ms. Lisa accepted little Albert anyway. When I picked up Chamberlain, she was upset Albert had lost his family, but was sad after I mentioned we needed to return him where we found him so he could find his family. We returned to the same spot, and placed him on the other side of the road that he was crossing. Chamberlain pouted and said "I will never get to see him again Mommy." It was sad, but I explained that we would find another animal to rescue soon. Oh, the stories Albert will tell his family tonight about his adventurous day at The Children's House at Serenbe!
