Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Girls Yearly Checkups

Today was Chamberlain's 4 year checkup and Cassidy's 2 year checkup with Dr. Fleming.  I had heard the 4 year checkup was difficult, so I prepared Chamberlain during dinner last night.  I asked her if she thought she would have any shots.  "Yes, I think so Mom" was her reply.  I told her she was right but it would be ok.  It would hurt for a little bit, but then it would be over.  "I know Mom" she replied.  Ok, so I dropped the subject till this morning.  I told her if she and Cassidy were good girls, I would take everyone to Oz Pizza for lunch.  Chamberlain loves our new neighborhood pizza place, so I knew she would try extra hard.  Since Derek was out of town, Hillary, our Nanny, went with me to help with the appointment.  Cassidy received 2 shots and for the first time ever, boo hoo'd!  It was so sad.  Usually she looks at the nurse like she is crazy and whimpers for a minute and its over.  Not so lucky this time.  The nurse warned me the second one would burn, and she was right.  Cassidy lost it on the second shot.  After a few minutes with Mommy, Cassidy calmed down. 

Next, was Chamberlain's turn.  She sat on Hillary's lap, held her hands, and received 4 shots.  She never even teared up.  After it was over, she grinned from ear to ear and said "I did it Mommy, I didn't even cry!".  I looked at Hillary, and her eyes were all watery just from thinking about Chamberlain's shots.  Neither one of us could believe she was so brave.  Such a big girl.  We are so lucky to have the most wonderful and loving doctor.  Oh, no booster seat for Chamberlain yet.  Still 5 lbs to go!  As for Cassidy, she started in the 25% in height and with each visit has grown into the next percentile.  Our chunky, short little girl is no longer that.  She is now in the 90th percentile in height!  Yay, for her sake, please be tall.  Please be tall!  The girls were troupers, so as promised, we went to Oz Pizza for lunch and it was perfect.  Great salad, pizza and weather with outside seating.  Great morning with all my girls!

Chamberlain's Statistics
Weight:  35 lbs, 8 oz. (50th %)
Height:  42 in. (90th %)

Cassidy's Statistics
Weight: 26 lbs, 12 oz. (50th %)
Height: 35.5 in. (90th %)