I took the girls camping! I know, I know...crazy huh? Well, the spiders didn't get me and I didn't even have a sleeping bag. Proud huh? It was so fun, we will definitely do it again. This was Chamberlain's second camping trip, but a lot more "roughing" it than her last trip with a blow-up air mattress. We borrowed a tent and joined 8 other families for a night of perfect weather, lots of kids, and an enormous amount of fun. We grilled out hot dogs, sausages, s'mores and even had a little red beans and rice! As it got dark, we turned the car lights on and all the kids ran around playing in the spotlight. At around 8:30 Cassidy came up to me and asked to go to bed. I got her settled in her sleeping bag in the tent and after a little playing with her flashlight, she went right to bed. The rest of the crew was about 30 minutes behind her. Chamberlain slept all night without a peep. Cassidy work up around 11 very upset that her sleeping bag was constricting her leg movement and she couldn't figure out where she was. I got her calmed down and back to sleep fairly quickly. We didn't wake up the next morning until an airplane flew above us around 7am. We packed up and met everyone at The Blued Eyed Daisy for breakfast and then headed home. What a fun night with everyone and I think I will even get Miss Homebody (Cassidy) to go camping again. I truly believed we would be packing up and heading home around bedtime, but they proved me wrong So proud of our girls!






