It is never good news when the school calls. I jumped off my conference call to take the incoming call..."Cassidy's tummy is hurting, she isn't eating her lunch, she isn't acting like herself, and she doesn't look so good." All I heard was "Cassidy isn't eating". I knew there may be a problem. I cancelled my next two calls and my afternoon appointment and ran out the door. Cassidy was laying on a mat when I got to the school. Very abnormal for her. I definitely didn't get the chipper attack greeting I normally get so I scooped her up and took her home. She said she just wanted to get in her sleeping bad and take a nap. What? Nap? Um, you haven't had a nap in over two years (except a laziness afternoon car snooze)! I knew something was wrong. I gave her a Pedialyte Pop and fresh air on the porch, but she starting chatting and seemed chipper all of a sudden. She told me the following:
Cassidy: I love you more than anyone else in the world.
Me: Hunny, I love you more than the world too!
Cassidy: But I love you more than the city.
Cassidy: Why does Chamberlain say that I can't love you as much as God does?
Me: Well, God created each and every one of us and that is why he loves us all more than anyone
else can love us.
Cassidy: I still love you more than God does and I know it.
After many tears and hugs, I set up her sleeping bag on my bedroom floor for a hopeful nap. She was there 5 minutes and came back to my office to tell me she was "starving". I thought...OK, this is good. What does Cassidy want for lunch? Her response was "Chicken nuggets and tater tots". You got it! I knew nothing was wrong when she devoured everything and asked for more. Maybe she needed extra love today, maybe her tummy did hurt, maybe she knew Mommy can always use extra love. Regardless, my day was filled with an abundant amount of love and so was hers.
Not so napping Cassidy

