Saturday, August 15, 2009

My Last Saturday As I Know It

Today is my last Saturday being an only child! I thought, to celebrate my last Saturday as I know it, I would wear my "I'm The Big Sister" shirt that my friend Dylan's Mom made for me. It looks just like me.


Next, we went to Road Atlanta to see one of Daddy's Porsche's being unveiled and run for the first time. He and his friend, Mr. David, had it rebuilt just for racing. No bells and whistles to it, just speed. Mr. David took it out on the track for the first time as Daddy stood by and watched. Daddy said he didn't pack his helmet or gear so he wouldn't be tempted. He didn't want to send Mommy into labor early. Wasn't that nice of him? Mr. David said it was amazing how quick it was. He was passing people with so called "bigger and better" engines. When Daddy and Mr. David aren't racing this car, they will rent it out to unfortunate soles who are having car trouble with their own Porsche (I think that is code for "kissed a wall or two"). Mommy doesn't asked many questions about it, but you know my Daddy...he already has a company and website started for it. What would he ever do with only a day job?

Daddy, Mr. David, and I after the first run in the car


After Daddy drove the car around for a bit (not on the track) we all went to lunch with Mr. David. I learned that Mr. David is Daddy's friend with the beautiful home in the Bahamas where Mommy and Daddy stay. Mr. David said I could come next time! Maybe we could leave Cassidy at home with Mama and Papa! OK, maybe if I like her we could take her too. After lunch, Mr. David went back to the track for the rest of the day and we headed home. I could get use to this racing thing. I see what people mean when they say "I got bit by a bug" (a racing bug). I do look pretty good in a Porsche, don't I?

How does this work? It's different from the seat belt on my car seat.