Monday, December 7, 2009

Drama going to the library

Chamberlain had such a wonderful weekend with Derek and myself, I knew dropping her off Monday would be a challenge.  She didn't have the separation anxiety as a baby, but it has kicked into 5th gear since Cassidy has been born.  It doesn't matter if we are dropping her off at Sophie's or picking her up.  She doesn't like the changing of the guards.  It usually is the worst when Derek is dropping her off.  She is absolutely a Daddy's girl.  Sophie took baby Caitlin to the doctor for her checkup and she was planning to pick up Chamberlain on the way back.  I prepared Chamberlain because I knew it was going to be a battle.  She loves Sophie more than anything, so this is not a reflection on her.  Chamberlain was upset when Sophie was at the door until we told her she was going to see Santa at the library.  She was excited until I went to put her in the car seat.  Total meltdown!  It took every ounce of my energy to hold her in her seat to buckle the seat belt.  She was so upset it broke my heart, but I wish I had this part on video.  Chamberlain was screaming so loud, Caitlin began crying.  Then Grace was so upset that I was hurting Chamberlain, that she began crying.  It was awful, but I got Chamberlain in her seat.  I felt so bad for Sophie.  All 3 of them were screaming at this point.  I couldn't give in and let her stay home because it would start all over again on Tuesday.  Lately, when Chamberlain makes herself this upset, she makes herself throw up.  As Sophie was about to leave, I warned her what Chamberlain was about to do.  She knew, this wasn't new to her.  Sure enough, just as Sophie was pulling away, Chamberlain threw up.  Sophie pulled up at her house, changed Chamberlain's jacket and asked if she felt better and was all done.  Chamberlain said yes, apologized and said she was ready to go to the library.  After the drama, they had a great day at the library and a great pizza lunch (the delay caused them to miss Santa).