Today, we were not only going to the doctor for Cassidy's 6 month checkup (late) but also to discuss her cough/congestion that hasn't been touched by the Zyrtec. Dr. Fleming wants to stop the Zyrtec which is great news. We don't think it is allergies! Yay, we can still get a kitty cat one day! On the other hand, what could possibly be wrong with sweet baby Cassidy? We are going to try Prevacid to see if it could be acid reflux. Dr. Fleming also wants us to go over to Scottish Rite Children's Hospital to have a chest x-ray to eliminate pneumonia. We don't think it is pneumonia because her chest has consistently sounded clear at each and every doctors apt. for the last 2 months, but we want to be sure. Also, Dr. Fleming wants us to see a Pulmonary Specialist because she thinks something is wrong, but wants the lung experts to take a look. It made me sad that we have to see a specialist, but very happy Dr. Fleming didn't hesitate to say she was at a loss.
Next, were Cassidy's 6 month shots! 3 shots and one oral vaccination. First shot, no response. Second shot, no response. Third shot no response till the nurse pulled the needle out. Cassidy screamed quickly at her as if to say "what do you think you are doing?", then went on about her business smiling and cooing. Everyone that saw it, including Daddy, was amazed. I didn't give her Tylenol before her shots and I don't think it will be necessaty after her shots. What a trooper and she is right on target with her growth!
Here are her stats:
Weight: 16 lbs 9 oz (50%)
Height: 26 in (50%)
Head: 42.5 cm (50%)
Derek cancelled his next appointment so he could run to Scottish Rite with us and get us settled. His plan was to leave after we checked in, but after he saw the big tears in my eyes, he decided to stay. There were 5 children waiting who all looked to be suffering from Cancer. There we were, hoping our baby doesn't have pneumonia, and the other 5 parents were hoping the x-ray would come back with good news. Derek made us sit outside in the atrium so I didn't bust out crying thinking my world was turned upside down not knowing what was wrong with Cassidy. I was quickly humbled and knew that whatever it was, we could handle it.
They technicians doing the x-ray were so nice but kept telling us Cassidy would get very upset as we were about to hold her down to get several clear x-rays. Little did they know...we have the happiest baby on the block (no I did not read nor did I follow that book, she is just that happy). So, Derek held her legs, I held her arms. Again, no response. She just looked around, laying as still as she could, taking it all in. Everyone was surprised she was so good, and checked the x-rays for clarity and sent us on our way.
On the way home, I called the Pulmonary Specialist and made an appointment. The earliest appointment I could get, was one month away. Not sure I can wait that long, but maybe the Prevacid will kick in and we won't have to go. Dr. Fleming called me at the end of the day to let us know the x-ray came back clear as a bell! Yay, no penumonia! Whatever it is, we can handle it. We will keep you posted and you keep the prayers coming!