Sunday, July 18, 2010

Chamberlain's Big Girl Bed

Chamberlain has been sleeping in a toddler bed since she was 16 months old. For her 3rd birthday, she asked for a big girl bed.  Not just any bed would do.  She wanted the bed that I grew up sleeping in.  It is also known as "Grandma's bed" since it has been at Grandma's house for the last couple of years.  Chamberlain always admires the bed when she visits Grandma and Papa.  Today, Derek took Chamberlain to Home Depot, and I moved the bed to her room and put it together to surprise her.  When she came home, it was like Christmas morning.  She immediately jumped on the bed and began lounging like a big girl.  She jumped and played on the bed and asked me to come play in her new room.  We had a dance party.  With all this excitement, she was ready to test out her new bed, for the night, at 7:15 pm.  I got her all situated with pillows on each side, and told her how proud I am of her.  She called me back to visit a few more times and the last time she asked me to lay down with her.  She finally fell asleep at 7:45 pm and I snuck out.  I have a feeling she will wake up a few times not sure of where she is, but I am prepared for that.  It's a big step for such a little girl.  Enjoy the video of Chamberlain seeing her room for the first time today.