Monday, August 23, 2010

Cassidy's 1 Year Checkup


Daddy is going to be gone all week, but he made sure to make it to Cassidy's 1 year Dr.'s appointment with me.  His love for his wife and children are like nothing I have ever seen.  He packed and loaded his truck and I loaded Cassidy up in my car and headed to see Dr. Fleming.  Cassidy hasn't been her normal laid back, happy little self this weekend, so I knew the Dr.'s appointment wasn't going to be as easy as her previous ones.  Poor, sweet birthday girl is working on her fourth bottom tooth and her third and fourth top teeth.  Cassidy got a finger prick and 2 shots today.  This was the first time she cried.  It only lasted about 10 seconds, but she actually cried.  I think she was laying it on thick for Daddy.  Dr. Fleming said she is doing perfect despite our concerns with her verbal skills.  Just this week she started saying "Mama" all the time.  Yay!  She does say a few words, but I just think as parents we expected her to say "Mama" and "Dada" a long time ago.  Well, to give her credit, she did say "Mama" back in March and "Dada" in May but really hasn't said them many times since.  She loves to say "hi", "bye-bye", "no, no, no", "Papa", "ba-ba", but thank goodness her new favorite word is "Mama"!  She loves to point, shake her head "no", dance, play shy, draw on the chalk board like Chamberlain, climb the stairs, drink from a straw and loves to eat as long as she is feeding herself.  Besides her on target developmental skills, she is growing at a great rate too.  Other fun facts we received today:  Cassidy's eyes will be staying blue, we can now start introducing whole milk and she can now face forward in the car to see the world as we do (although new research says rear facing till 2 years old- what?).  Derek had time before he had to catch his flight, so he took Cassidy and I to lunch at The Flying Biscuit.  We all had a yummy lunch but had to sadly said "bye bye" in the parking lot as Daddy drove away.  I dropped Cassidy off with the Nanny and jumped right into work.  When I came in at 5:00, I could tell Cassidy was hurting a little bit.  Her little leg was so sore. When I would put her on the floor to stand or walk, she would hold her leg in the air like a hurt puppy.  It was so sad.  She ate a great dinner, had a warm bath and took a dose of Tylenol.  She didn't want me to leave her when it came to bedtime, so I let her stay up an extra hour for a little more cuddle time.  So far, she is sleeping like the sweet baby she is.  I can't believe she is growing up so fast.

Statistics:
Height:  29" (50%)
Weight:  21 lbs 4 oz. (50%)
Head Circumference:  45cm (50%)