We hopped in the car and headed to Serenbe. Serenbe is not only the coolest neighborhood, it also is where Chamberlain will go to Montessori school. I teared up several times thinking about it today. I can't believe she is old enough to go to school. For the entire 21 minute drive, Chamberlain asked "are we there yet?". It was so fun to see her so excited. When Ms. Lisa, her teacher, opened the school door, Chamberlain's eyes opened wide as if she was taking it all in and didn't want to miss a thing. It was like Christmas morning to her. She ran from one learning station to the next. Ms. Lisa was so patient with Chamberlain, following her from one station to the next, explaining it to her and showing her how it worked. Chamberlain loved her new school room and wouldn't let go of Ms. Lisa's hand when we left. I think this will be a wonderful first step.
After our meeting with Ms. Lisa, we headed to a sandwich shop in the neighborhood to meet some of our dear friends. Taylor and I chatted about the school while Chamberlain and Dylan played. Dylan took us to feed the horses and jump on the trampoline before heading home. The morning couldn't have gone better and Chamberlain can't wait to start school next Wednesday. I am not sure how I will handle it, so I have planned to spend a few days working at Serenbe. Thank goodness for Wi-Fi HotSpots!