Saturday, July 12, 2008

Our Callie Girl


We lost the love of our life today. Miss Callie was diagnosed on Monday with kidney failure and was in the hospital receiving TLC and IV fluids all week. Callie was strong enough to come home to us on Friday night to spend one last night with us as a family. Mommy slept on the floor with Miss Callie all night and Callie loved every minute of being pampered. Mommy knew she was going to have to make a very hard decision today. Mommy said she had the joy of loving her for 19 years, but she knew it was time for her to see Sugar again. I have only known her for 11 months, but I am not sure what to do without her. I look for her when I come down the stairs in the morning, I look for her to pick up the food I dropped in the afternoon, and I look for her under Mommy's bed in the evening. Maybe one day I will stop looking for her, but I will never forget her. Thank you Callie for teaching me to be calm and gentle with you when Mommy told me to be. I am sorry for pulling your tail and continuously putting my finger in your ears. Thank you for accepting me into your family and thank you for loving me. I am trying to brighten Mommy's days, but your paw prints are very hard to match. We know you are finally reunited with Sugar, but we want you to know how much we miss you. Please visit Mommy and know you will always be in our hearts and dreams!