Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My First Babysitter!


I am 1 year, 3 weeks and 1 day old today and I am having my first babysitter! A little crazy you say? I told Mommy I was ready way before now, but she wouldn't listen. Between you and I...I think Mommy has a trust issue. She trusts Mrs. Sophie everyday and trusts Mama and Papa, but for some reason the list stops there. I am happy to announce we just added Mrs. Joanna to the list of trusted keepers. Mrs. Joanna is one of Mommy's dearest friends. Joanna is one of the top nurses at the best baby hospital and is the lead instructor for each and every new nurse that comes to Northside. She also decides who those new nurses in training are going to be. Mommy would of trusted her to keep me from day one, but as you see, Mrs. Joanna is a very busy lady. On top of all that power, she is the only reason I came home with Mommy and Daddy from the hospital. Mommy and I had a little meltdown when it was time to buckle me in the car seat to go home from the hospital for the first time. Daddy knew the situation was getting worse by the minute so he didn't even hesitate to call Mrs. Joanna for help. Within a few minutes Mrs. Joanna arrived at our room, scooped me up, buckled me in, gave Mommy a big hug and wheeled us to the car. She did whisper to me that I better make her look good, but she made it look so easy! Mrs. Joanna and I shared a bond from that day on. Knowing Mrs. Joanna, she probably left a class of 65 students waiting upstairs and if that is true, I know she failed to mention that to Mommy. Need I say more? She is the best!

Ok, back to my first night with a babysitter! Mrs. Joanna came over at 6:30 pm to play with me and get me to bed so Mommy could take Mama and Papa out to dinner to celebrate my Papa's birthday. I grinned from ear to ear when Mrs. Joanna came through the door. I showed her all my toys and then we all went upstairs so I could finish my bottle and go nite nite. I only uttered one peep while Mommy was gone. I think Mrs. Joanna was a little disappointed that I didn't wake up. Next time I am going to remember to scream out so she will come get me and we can play longer! It doesn't get better than my sweet Mrs. Joanna. In case you forgot...

The Trusted Keepers
Mama
Papa
Mrs. Sophie
Mrs. Joanna